Hi all! There was a lot going on in the world this week. I thought I’d provide some links to some of the sustainability-related content I found interesting. Hope you do too! Happy weekend.
- Scientists in Japan have decided to use wild monkeys in order to collect data on the radiation levels surrounding the Fukushima power plant.
- The Kyoto Protocol was extended during COP17 in Durban to allow for more time to draft a new, binding international climate change agreement.
- And Canada has decided to withdraw.
- Facebook has pledged to use sustainable energy to power its data centers.
- Obesity among school children in New York has reduced 5.5% over the past five years thanks to increased focus on healthy foods being offered in cafeterias and vending machines.